Critical Reflection on 'Skills on Wheels'

Out of all the modules, I personally feel that both "Manage Conflict" and "Build Relationships" modules entices me the most. I felt that the learning I gained from these modules would really help me build my interpersonal skills. 

Firstly, it is the "Manage Conflict" module. It allows me to understand how I could have better handle conflicts. Furthermore, by using the acronym, "S.H.R.I.N.K", it helps me relate to conflict management tips. This module is essential as it would benefit many of us. We are constantly grouped with people that have different backgrounds, mindsets and views which tends to spark tensions when we could not handle our differences well. Hence, this module comes in handy whereby we are able to apply what we have learned to mitigate the conflicts faced. 

The "Build Relationships" module is also a module which I feel is really beneficial for me. I learned about the "Personal Level Interaction Approach, S.E.E.D" and "Task Level Interaction, L.E.A.R.N". Through the iSimulation, I was able to see what I felt that aids in building relationships was the right approach or not. Building relationships take a lot of efforts, time and experience. Moreover, being in the hospitality industry, it is important for us to be able to build relationships easily as it is a day-to-day situation for us.

After experiencing learning via 'Skills on Wheels', I recommend my fellow peers and juniors to go through all the modules available. The modules' content provides useful and applicable tips that we could use currently and in the future when we go into society. Other than the enriching content, the learning experience is really engaging and interactive as the iSimulation video allows viewers to make decisions that affect the plot. However, I felt that the learning experience would have been better if the images do not crack.  Furthermore, some activities such as the module assessment and feedback either have duplicated purpose upon completion or do not have any purpose at all.

Comments

  1. Dear Jeaine,

    Thank you very much for this highly detailed reflection of SoW. Your review of two of the SoW modules is clear and fairly comprehensive in terms of what you did and how you viewed the learning involved. In terms of the SoW website itself, I'm happy to hear that you feel like the nuggets were presented in an easy to access, 'engaging' manner. I'm also glad to see that you provide some constructive criticism. I'm just not sure what you mean when you state that 'the learning experience would have been better if the images do not crack.'

    In any case, you've made a stellar effort for this post and in the portfolio learning all term long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,

      Thank you for your comment. With regards to the images cracking, it seems that in some of the activities, there were images to aid in the learning. However, I could not view the image even though I refreshed the page. In its' place, it is a small icon that shows an image cracked. I hope that I have clarified the issue on the image cracking.

      Once again, thank you for making the effort to comment on this post.

      Warmest Regards,
      Jeaine

      Delete
  2. Dear Jeaine,

    Thank you for sharing the two modules! Conflicts are inevitable in life, and I believe the module will come in handy while you faced similar situation. Similarly for building relationship, it is essential throughout our lives to maintain and create relationship with the people around us. Especially like what you have mentioned, the hospitality industry build relationship on a day-to-day basis. I believe you have many takeaways while completing the modules and I hope it will come in handy for you in the future.

    Do visit my blog if you are interested in learning about Presenting Effectively and Exchanging Feedback. Thank you!

    Regards,
    Xenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Xenia

      Thank you for your comment. I totally agree with what you have mentioned. Furthermore, thank you for the invitation to read your blog post.

      Warmest Regards
      Jeaine

      Delete
  3. Hello Jeaine!

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the modules in SoW. As mentioned by your comment on my blogpost, we have both chosen to do the 'Build Relationships' module. I believe we have the same sentiment that building relationships and interacting with friends and co-workers in future is very important as part of the communication phase.

    In addition, I feel that your choice of completing the module on 'Manage Conflict' is very relevant as it is inevitable that we might face difficulties with colleagues at work or even in project meetings currently. I am sure the module has been useful in teaching you ways to mitigate conflicts. Personally, I am someone who dislikes conflict, so perhaps you could share with me someday on the tips you have learned through SoW!

    Best regards,
    Pei Ling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Peiling

      Thank you for reading my comment on your blog and to reply it here. I agree with what you have said. I would really hope to be able to exchange our learning thoughts from SoW with you. I look forward to speaking with you in person.

      Warmest Regards
      Jeaine

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts